An SSH public key may be required and requested for various services and use cases.
To create an SSH public key using puttygen for windows:
- Open puttygen.exe
- Select Type of key to generate: SSH-2 RSA
- Change Number of bits in a generated key: 4096
- Press Generate and move mouse as instructed
- We recommend that in the Key comment you use (email address)_(YYYY-MM-DD) for your own benefit
- (Optional) For higher security add Key passphrase
- Export the key to OpenSSH format using the PuTTYgen Conversions menu.
- Copy the public key from the PuTTY Key Generator main window and paste it in an email to Ubisecure. DO NOT SEND THE PRIVATE KEY
- You should also securely save the keys to files for safekeeping using Save public key and Save private key buttons.
Never send the private key anywhere.