Windows Authentication Agent is an older Ubisecure software component of that has similar functionality to Windows Authentication Provider. Windows Authentication Agent is no longer supported and should be upgraded to Windows Authentication Provider during any appropriate system upgrade.
An existing Integrated Windows Authentication Agent method instance can be reconfigured to use an installation of Windows Authentication Provider, by changing the Agent URL definition and activating the Windows AP using the Ubisecure Server Management application.
If the software component upgrade is performed on the same server, it is necessary to:
- Verify that the system can be upgraded to meet the requirements of Ubisecure Windows Authentication Provider.
- Disable the Authentication Method configuration, before the installation is started, using the Ubisecure Server Management application. This will force the users to use another authentication method during the upgrade and will prevent them from ending up on a server error notification page during installation (customization-related issues excluded).
- Remove the existing installation of Integrated Windows Authentication Agent as detailed in the installation manual.
- Upgrade the system to meet the requirements of Ubisecure Windows Authentication Provider.
- Perform the installation as detailed in this installation manual, however, skipping the sections described above.
- Re-enable the Authentication Method on Ubisecure Server Management when the installation is complete.