Supported HTTP methods are GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE. The semantics of each method depends on whether the target URI is a collection or a single entity.
The HTTP method semantics for collection URIs
- GET List the entities in the collection.
- POST Create a new entity in the collection. Entity ID is created by the server and returned as part of response.
- PUT Not in use.
- DELETE Not in use.
The HTTP method semantics for single entity URIs
- GET Get the specified entity.
- POST Not in use.
- PUT Create a new entity with the specified ID or update an existing entity.
- DELETE Delete the specified entity.